Copycat recipes you're going to love
Craving a Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit or a Wendy's Frosty? You don't need to leave the house to have one of our favorite copycat versions of six of the most popular chain treats.
1. Chili's Salsa. I had never tried Chili's salsa until a friend was in town and asked me to swing by for her to pick up a to-go container. It's easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand and really tastes like the original.
2. Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. The only item on the Red Lobster menu I really enjoy, these biscuits are easy to make at home. They are perfect for potlucks and require little baking skill–just toss the ingredients together and into the oven.
3. Olive Garden Salad and Dressing. I have been known to stop by Olive Garden for nothing but the salad and breadsticks–and the big reason is the salad dressing. I am not a mayonnaise fan, so I was surprised to learn that it was one of the main ingredients. Black olives and pepperoncini are vital for the salad itself!
4. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Biscuits. Bisquick, buttermilk, butter and a little sugar equals delicious. Save time and effort by bypassing the more elaborate, time intensive recipes and give this one a try. It's SO easy you'll find yourself baking up a batch every weekend. Delicious!
5. The Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake. Skip the expensive restaurant version and make enough for the entire family for just about the same price and one or two slices. The topping makes all the difference in this recipe!
6. Wendy's Frosty. Condensed milk, Cool Whip and chocolate milk are all you need to recreate the awesomeness that is a Frosty! Make a batch for your next potluck and be the hostess with the mostest!