1 of 5
2 of 5
Chalkboard Filing Cabinet
3 of 5
Chalkboard Garden Spoons
4 of 5
Chalkboard Table for Kids
5 of 5
1. Chalkboard Paint Vase. This one is a great starter project–it's so easy! Grab a vase that has a wide front (you want some space for writing later) and clean it thoroughly. Then you simply spray 3-4 thin coats of chalkboard paint. Write a simple message and you have an adorable gift idea.
2. Chalkboard Filing Cabinet. This is an awesome way to recycle an old metal filing cabinet. Clean the cabinet thoroughly and give it two coats of enamel spray paint in a fun, bright color. Use blue painter's tape on each edge to create borders. Secure the tape carefully by rubbing a credit card along tape (be sure base coat of color is completely dry before taping.) Spray 2-3 coats chalkboard paint. Lift the painters tape and you'll have a really cute organization tool for your home office.
3. Chalkboard Spoons. Pick up a handful of cheap spoons at a thrift shop for this project. Dip the spoon edge into chalkboard paint and let dry by hanging paint side down from a rod or clothes hanger. Once dry, use the spoons as plant markets to identify plantings in your garden or in potted plants.
4. Chalkboard Table for the Kids. Pick up a cheap wood table and chairs at a garage sale or thrift store. Sand it lightly and then give it a couple of coats of spray paint in a color that matches your family room or the child's room. Tape off the legs of the table and paint just the top with either spray chalkboard paint or roll on paint. Your children will love doodling on their table!
5. Chalkboard Glasses. Pick up some inexpensive wine and beer glasses and either tape off a rectangle with painter's tape or paint a freehand design with chalkboard paint. The result will help you keep guest's drinks identified at your next party.