"May your thoughts be as glad as shamrocks,
May your heart be as light as song,
May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
That stay with you all the year long."
Whip up one or more of our seven holiday craft suggestion to add some extra green to your St. Patrick's Day celebrating.
1. Clover in Hair Accessory. Attach tiny felt clovers to a hair pin or barrette for this adorable girls' hair accessory. Sprinkle several down a braid or clip just one or two in front.
2. Paper Plate Leprechaun. Here's a cute project for preschoolers that will keep them busy practicing their gluing and cutting skills. You need paper plates, green, red and black construction paper and glue for this easy project.
3. Green Candied Popcorn. A few simple ingredients and you have this fun and delicious snack for the holiday. Put it in small bags with a printed tag and you have a cute favor for a St. Patrick's Day party.
4. Kirigami Wreaths. Kirigami as a variation of origami that includes cutting of the paper rather than simply folding the paper as is the case with origami. Fold and cut green paper to make these shamrock wreaths. It will take some practice but once you master it, you'll have sweet holiday decorations. You can even make small ones to decorate a card or gift package.
5. Leprechaun Bowler Hats. These St. Patrick’s Day leprechaun bowler hats are made out of–bowls. Create these small bowls with green paint, ribbon, and paper. Toss in a handful of treats and you'll have adorable party favors.
6. Shamrock Wreath. Combine three foam hearts, fabric or crepe paper and a little bit of embellishment and you'll create a beautiful shamrock wreath. Hang it on your door to welcome guests to your St. Patrick's Day party!
7. Paper Shamrocks. Scrapbook paper, glue, scissors and twine are all you need to make these pretty shamrocks. Hang the shamrocks from twine or ribbon and hang in a window or on the mantle.