There is always something fun and new for budding artists, actors, chefs and dancers at the Center for the Arts Summer Camps! Age specific small Camp Classes of 15 students or less, offer students individual attention while they explore the exciting learning adventures available in the arts. Classes include “Trashing Fashion,” where old magazines, bottle tops and empty juice cartons are the components of high fashion. Through creative and engaging camp classes students immerse themselves in activities that use abstract and tactile problem solving skills both individually and cooperatively while having fun.
Campers ages 4-18 will want to try some of our newest camp experiences including:
• Musical Theater Master Class: Aspiring actors can become a triple threat in the theater in 3 weeks!
Each day campers will explore acting, voice, and dance with working professionals, learning the techniques and
skills needed to progress their dream of being on stage.
• Ready Set Sew: Students will learn the basics of sewing through simple patterns to create their own fashions.
• Trading Cards: Campers will create miniature works of art to exchange and collect.
•Steamroller Print Making: Learn to make prints and at the end of the week, students will have their
plates printed with a construction steamroller.
• Kinetic Sculptures: Explore the wonders of kinetic science by learning how to build your own sculpture that moves by wind or touch.
• Steam Punk: Become an inventor, artist, or jewelry designer and create 19th century inspired art work using
vintage gears, clocks, keys, jewelry, and fashions.
Our many opportunities include painting, drawing, cartooning, clay, wheel throwing, cooking, dance and more. We want to make Summer fun and learning affordable for your family by offering generous discounts and scholarships.