The calendar on neafamily.com is the most accessed part of the site. Thousands of readers click on a variety of events each month. We put many events into the calendar and we also access some online calendars through other web sites--adding events directly to our page.
It's important for you to add your events for several reasons.
1. Visibility. Let our readers know what's going on at your organization or business! We do our best to add events but we have a limited staff and can't get everything posted--we count on our readers and advertisers to add their own events and community events. By doing so, you get your event information in front of thousands of readers FOR FREE.
2. Credibility. Our calendar is optimized for search engines so the events are easily found in online searches. Having your event and web address on our site lends credibility to your own site since we are highly ranked within the Naples community for many keywords.
3. Print issue. We get the events for our print issue from our online calendar. if you have entered your events, there is a good chance you'll make it to our print issue. We choose the print issue events based on how popular they might be with our readers--family-oriented events, free events and special events have the most likelihood of being included. In general, we don't include generic business events like special sales.
4. The more the merrier. In the print issue, we are limited by space--we have to choose events based on the space we have. But on our web site, space is unlimited. Events we wouldn't include in the print issue are more than welcome on the web calendar--things like special sale days and class schedules are fine to include online.
5. It's easy! Just click on the "submit yours" link on the site or here and follow the simple instructions. If your location is not yet entered (type it into the venue box and if it's already entered it will show up) enter the address and you won't have to do it again.
6. Enter at any time. Even if you forget to get your events in for publication, you can enter at anytime during the month. Last minute events can still be publicized.
7. How to write your event. It's important to enter your event clearly and with proper grammar. Put in the name, select a category and enter the venue, date and start and end times. Then put a short (3-4 lines) description. Be clear and concise. Finish up with a contact name and email and you're done.
We can't rewrite everything so it's up to you to put the information in as clearly as possible.
Remember, once you enter events, it may take us 24 hours to see that they have been entered and approve them. be patient. You're welcome to shoot us an email to let us know you have entered events and we'll get in there asap to approve.